Monday, February 13, 2023

Odds and Ends, secondary collection

When you're a hard-core collector of one team, there are a ton of instances where you get stuck with untradeable cards because no one has comparable pieces in their collection. So these valuable gems of history are what you're stuck with; I'll share a few of the cards I'm stuck with, and to be honest, I'm very grateful for my Odds and Ends collection.

I sold cards on Ebay for a few years, but it was too much hassle and expensive for shipping, so around my 400th sale, I quit. Now that these gems are starting to pile up in my collection, today's post is about a card I pulled a couple years ago.

2017 Heritage Real One Autographs:

Basically, I didn't want to trade this HOF autograph for cards I already have.



2017 Topps Heritage Baseball Real One Autographs showcase on-card signatures on the 1968 design in blue ink. The Real One Special Edition parallels are hand-numbered to 68 copies and signed in red ink. Because of his old Cub ties and HOF status, this card was a no-brainer to keep.

Cubs Checklist Real One Autographs:

  • ROA-ARI Anthony Rizzo
  • ROA-CJ Clarence Jones
  • ROA-DN Dick Nen
  • ROA-KB Kris Bryant

For the benefit of card collectors, Rizzo neglected to hand-number his 68 cards, which gives them a little extra appeal.




Secondary Collection:

  • HOF Autograph or Relics
  • Rookies Autograph or Relics
  • World Series Autograph or Relics
  • ex-Cubs on different teams Autograph or Relics
These secondary collections get to be fairly valuable over the years, and before you know it, you're looking forward to getting any of these gems. I hope 2023 will be a banner year for Cubs and the rest of the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment